Simply Downsized is a one-call home transition management service for downsizers, seniors, and estate closeouts in the Washington DC area.
We plan the many interconnected tasks, supply highly qualified and vetted professionals, and provide capable guidance to simplify the process.
At Simply Downsized, we are singularly focused on enabling low-stress home transitions and estate closeouts through clear direction, project management, and hands-on help:
- Work with a dedicated team who honors your mindset, your time, your goals, your budget and your capabilities.
- Plan your next space and make it feel like home.
- Sort through your belongings to determine what to keep.
- Disburse keepsake or heirloom items to friends and family.
- Complete the process of selling, recycling, donating or disposing of all of the household items and furniture you’re not moving to your next space.
- Determine the best strategy for selling your property.
- Perform delayed maintenance or upgrades on your property.
- Inventory, pack and move your belongings, unpack, decorate and help you get settled.
Anna Novak first saw the need for enhanced services for empty nesters and seniors in her real estate business. “I realized I was spending more time helping my clients vacate their homes than the actual process of selling them.”
In 2019, Anna retooled her business to exclusively focus on providing Downsizing Coordination. Simply Downsized LLC is licensed and insured to offer move management, real estate consulting, hands-on help and vetted referrals that fills the need for professional transition management in the Washington DC area.
Anna specializes in providing compassionate and capable guidance to clients with limiting health or lifestyle factors and/or lack of local support. She can also act as a project manager for out-of-town clients or decision makers. “Our clients are visibly relieved when they realize we can manage the whole thing. It’s a huge weight off their shoulders.”
Anna Novak, Owner, Simply Downsized LLC
- Founder, HomeTransitionPros.com
- 2019 Business Partner of the Year, National Association of Professional Organizers, DC Chapter
- Local Connect Business Partner, National Association of Senior Move Managers
- Real Estate Consultant licensed in Virginia
Call: 703-402-0471 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
How does it work?
Think of us as a general contractor for your home transition. We send a professional downsizing coordinator to meet with you to learn the specifics of your project. We deliver a written plan that includes a timeline and a hand-picked team of vetted professionals to help. Then, we stay in touch to monitor your progress from start to finish.
Will you manage my entire project?
Our Custom Plan includes regular follow-ups to make sure your project is on track. However, we recognize that some people may need additional assistance with decision-making, communication, and hands-on help. We offer this type of detailed project management on an hourly or project basis, depending on your needs.
How much does it cost?
When you allow us to refer you to a quality Realtor® in your area, there is NO COST for the plan, timeline and custom list of recommended professionals.* We also offer services at a reasonable flat fee or on an hourly basis.
Am I required to hire the people or businesses your recommend?
We design a custom solution and choose options we believe will provide you with the best possible experience, and will frequently pass along discounts or other incentives as well. However, each of our business partners operate independently of Simply Downsized, and the decision to hire them is yours.
How do you vet the businesses you recommend?
We conduct personal interviews, check for a valid business license and current insurance, collect at least one recent customer experience, review standard business contracts, and determine federal background check status.
*Our Preferred Real Estate Partners pay us a referral fee that covers the cost of the Custom Planning Package for our shared clients. Referrals are made possible by Keller Williams Metro Center in Arlington, Virginia. If you have a Real Estate Agent in mind or would like us to refer you one, we partner with real estate agents throughout the region, regardless of their brokerage affiliation.