We hear from a lot of people that they continue to enjoy their holiday decorations well into the new year. We’re all for squeezing every last drop of joy out of the season and we think you should leave your decorations up as long as you’d like! However, when the time comes to un-decorate, we highly recommend that you take the time to sort and organize them before you put them away.
Always edit your collections before you store them.
- Re-home anything you didn’t display this year
- Let go of anything you no longer love (even if you displayed it this season!).
If you’re downsizing or short on space, consider:
- Minimizing fragile decorations that need a lot of protection
- Using natural decorations you won’t have to store
- Limiting the areas you decorate
When it’s time to store:
- Use the right container for the job. Specialty containers may cost more but they will protect delicate items.
- Consider off-site storage. We’re seeing more and more specialty storage solutions for small-space dwellers.
Are you planning to downsize or move in the next year or so? Call us first for pro tips and expert service. Get in Touch Today!